Project Name: Local Governance and Accountability Facility, Local Governance and Community Development Programme
LGAF, LGCDP is seeking to improve governance at the local level by fostering constructive cooperation, interaction and coordination between the citizens and the local government, and greater participation of the citizens in the local governance processes. It is in operation in 66 districts. The LGAF provides grants to CSOs to monitor compliance of LBs with the legislative and policy requirements and the use of the block grants and advocate for more easy access to public services by marginalised groups.
The grant recipient CSOs will be required to carry out activities that focus on participatory monitoring of compliance of LBs with legislative and policy requirements through the use of social accountability tools.
Those CSOs which receive competitive grants from LGAF will monitor compliance of LBs with legislative and policy requirements such as the Local Self Governance Act 1999 (LSGA); Local Self Governance Regulations 2000 (LSGR); Local Bodies Financial Administration Regulations 2007 (LBFAR); Good Governance Act 2008 (GGA); Right to Information Act 2007(RTIA); Right to Information Regulations 2008 (RTIR); Public Procurement Act 2007 (PPA); Public Procurement Regulations 2007 (PPR); and different guidelines issued under those legislation in particular the Local Bodies Resource Mobilization and Management Guidelines 2012 (LBRMMG). The CSOs will be required to monitor compliance with legislative and policy requirements at planning, implementation and monitoring and reporting stages. They are encouraged to engage socially mobilized groups and institutions also in oversight activities in order to hold local governance actors responsive and accountable to citizens and their institutions.Read More →
Project Name: Child Friendly Local Governance
Project Goal: Capacity Development of Urban Local bodies to reduce the impacts of disaster; through mobilizing children under the project CFLG in Nepal
· Capacity development of local bodies for promoting survival, development, protection and participation rights of children and adolescents in all contexts including humanitarian situations.
· Conduct programs to formulate plans, strategy and budget related to children development and participation whereby integrating DRR and Climate Change Adaptation (CCA) with special attention to building resilience of children, adolescents especially girls and women.Read More →
Project Name: SUNYA –Towards Zero Waste in South Asia Project
Project Goal: Promotion of zero-waste concept as sustainable waste management practice in urban areas of South Asia through 3 R principles for improvement of living conditions.
· Project consortium establishment and analysis of the situation in pilot cities.
· Municipal cluster coordination and identification of relevant strategies.
· Capacity building of concerned stakeholders on 3 R towards zero-waste.
· Pilot demonstration activities.
· Reproducibility and consolidation of the project.Read More →