Advocacy and LobbyingMon, 25 Aug, 2014
The state structure in the new constitution is based on strong, financially and politically autonomous local self-governments.
- Continuous 3 LGA Constitutional Advocacy Campaign for ensuring autonomous local self-governments under new government structure
Local government elections are scheduled as soon as possible. In the mean time, until local elections are held an appropriate accountability mechanism is established and implemented.
- Continuous 3 LGA lobbying campaign for immediate local elections
- Local Governance Action Research - ‘To support more effective, transparent, and accountable local governance in selected municipalities in Nepal’
Municipalities are financially and administratively autonomous (with regard to the legislative and policy framework) and are enabled to operate in a transparent and responsive manner.
- Local government reform and capacity development project
- National MC/PM review programme
- National GESI policy and guideline revision programme