CFLG Review of Municipalities on 19-20 April, 2015 at Godavari Village ResortMon, 13 Apr, 2015
CFLG is the system of governance that provides overall guidance to local government bodies for the institutionalization of child rights issues in terms of their survival, protection, development and meaningful participation in the policy, structure, system and procedure and practice of local bodies. CFLG seeks to put children at the core of the development agenda of local bodies, line agencies and civil society. CFLG is considered by the Government of Nepal to be an important means for mainstreaming child rights in local governance and ensuring that the country can achieve its MDGs, particularly those related to Children, especially school going age children (boys and girls), adolescent girls and women from disadvantaged groups, who benefit from improved local governance that is responsive, accountable, decentralized, inclusive and child-friendly.
A national ‘CFLG Review of Municipalities’ has been planned to support municipalities to review their CFLG programme and procedures whereby linking with the municipal periodic plan and annual plan and to derive learning to make municipality child friendly and resilient to climate and disaster risks.
Objectives of the program
1. To learn about the linkage between periodic plan and annual plan in various municipalities.
2. To discuss/assess the progress and challenges in implementing CFLG.
3. To develop way forward for deriving lessons and taking CFLG in coming 2 years.
· Capacity building of the concerned officials of municipality and focal person to revitalize CFLG initiatives at municipality level
· The participants will have cross sharing of the CFLG practices, process and plan among municipalities.
· The participants will have gained knowledge on linking periodic to annual plan with CFLG.
· There will be documentation of CFLG practices and procedures of the municipalities.